Altru Health System's Outreach Therapy provides comprehensive rehabiliation therapy services at Pioneer Memorial Care Center. Each resident receives an individualized plan of care to meet their needs. Through this program, licensed therapists are available to provide physical, occupational, and speech therapy for conditions such as stroke, heart attack, neurological and orthopedic conditions as well as other illnesses, injuries and situations needing guided recovery and a plan to return to a previous level of care.
Goals are established based on multidisciplinary evaluations completed at the Care Center with input by physcians, nursing staff and family members, as well as the resident. Treatment focuses on improving or attaining independence in functional abilities within Pioneer Memorial Care Center and applying those for a possible return home or to another supported living facility.
- Therapeutic exercises to strengthen or enhance function such as bed mobility and walking or wheelchair mobility
- Pain control through modalities such as heat, ultrasound, or movement
- Balance training
- Training in the use of mobility devices
- Training and skill practice in self care activities such as transfers, dressing, grooming and eating
- Upper extremity strengthening, motion exercises, and coordination activities
- Cognitive, visual perceptual function
- Wheelchair positioning
- Home evaluations
- Communication evaluation and training for functional expression of needs and desires
- Language restoration
- Memory and cognitive skill training and adaptative applications
- Dyshasia evaluation and treatment
The therapy services that are provided at the Care Center are some of the best around and a huge benefit to be able to carry out outpatient treatment orders through the same therapists in the outpatient setting.